Saturday, October 25, 2008
Conflicted
I really thought I had it all together when I came here. Friends - Check. Money - Check. I figured that was all I needed. But then I got here and realized that my world has been a bit sheltered. I know I talked a good game the last time but getting out and meeting people here is much harder than I thought. To be honest, it was all just tough talk. To say that life was easy would be a lie. I don't want for anything, but that doesn't help ease the emotional stuff. It really does get lonely sometimes. I never really discussed the whole race/adoption thing with my parents. It was something they kinda just acknowledged when I asked about it but never any details. I wonder about why they adopted me and why I was put up for adoption in the first place. Why did they decide to adopt me instead of a white child? Who are my biological parents? What kind of people were they? I have alot of assumptions. Most of them just come from anger. My parents are great and all but I would really like to get to know that part of me. That "Black" side of me. I know they can't help me with that and they haven't tried. Maybe this is the best place to start to figure these things out. But where do I start?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment