The people I know here I've known since I was young. I think one of my biggest fears is that they will be the only people I know for the next four years. There are way too many people on this campus for me to not at least get to know a few. No offense, to my friends but it's the truth.
I think I like these guys because they accepted me the quickest. It's not like I didn't stick out in my neighborhood already. Some of the other kids would ask some of the oddest question. It's funny when I think back on it. Why does your skin look like that? Is it paint? Does it wash off? I really didn't know how to respond. I guess I made friends with these guys because they didn't ask me any of that. We just played football.
Maybe that's why it's been so hard for me here. I guess I'm assuming that if people don't come up and talk to me that they must not like me. These assumptions make my chances of meeting people much smaller. It was easy to be outgoing back at home because I stood out already. But there are so many people here that look like me. That gimmick won't work here LOL. If there are things I really want to know I'm going to have to ask questions and talk to people. I can't let my assumptions get the best of me. It's not too late to make this experience worthwhile.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment