Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Somebody's Gotta Do It

If things were always easy, would we ever learn anything? Would we ever be challenged? Would we ever grow?

That's what I think about every time I wish I had someone else's life. Like maybe if I was white things would be different. I wouldn't have to deal with all the stuff I've gone through since I've been here. But the reality is, that's not who I am.

I'm not a white kid. I'm not always comfortable. I'm not complacent with being naive anymore. I don't have the privilege of depending on my parents to fix this for me. But most importantly, I'm not alone.

There are lots of other people out there that feel the same way I do and are going through the same things. I am not the first person who has had to work backwards in order to go forward. The more I think about, the better I feel. As much as we'd like to think so, we're not original. Somebody out there knows exactly how we feel.

Yeah, things get tough. But, they could be alot worse. My life could have turned out a million other ways. Now, I understand the benefit of the life I have. It's not perfect be any means but it's mine. And I'll take whatever comes with it.

I've realized there's so much more to experience in life. I may not get to all of it but I'll do what I can for as long as I can. I'm on a journey now, and this journey has no end.

No one else can live my life, because it's MY LIFE.

No comments: